Your recycling is a snapshot into your life.
Tuesday was recycling night, “Brown Goods (Paper/Cardboard)” per the township calendar.
Tuesday, I took a nighttime neighborhood walk in the easy spring air. Intriguing items put out for pickup:
– Weight Watchers chocolate snack bars. I recognize the box design.
– Pampers diapers for Swaddlers. Several boxes. A new baby.
– Amazon Prime box. It took me a long time to realize that the logo is a smiling arrow.
– Mirror. I’ve never seen the Mirror close up, only in TV commercials. That’s why I know the logo. The box is shorter than I imagined it would be.
– Two Domino’s pizza boxes and 12-pack case of Sprite.
– Nespresso machine and natural daylight face mirror. Cushion chairs. This feels like someone’s new beginning.
– Bug zapper. I can’t read the brand, but the oversize picture of that stereotypical silver tube is all I need. Summer is kinda soon away; backyard gatherings, too, I presume.
– Corelle dishes. I wonder what happened to the old ones? Are these an upgrade? Are they a different pattern or style. Replacement? Addition?
What does my recycling say about me?
Tuesday, our hodgepodge of boxes and papers is stuffed inside an old moving box.